[Koha-devel] biblio search problem: 2.2.9 to 3.0 upgrade

Matthew Metzger news at metzger.cc
Wed Feb 13 05:36:29 CET 2008

Hello All,

first, I want to thank the very helpful people who work on this project.
I've come to appreciate how complicated libraries are. I started using
Koha 2.2.4 in 2005 and have looked forward to 3.0 for some time.

I have followed the instructions at
http://wiki.koha.org/doku.php?id=22_to_30

I think that has been part of my problem, because I didn't realize that
some of the instructions applied to unimarc, while I have marc21.

I've added one Marc Record as a test and that is the only one that shows
up in any search results, both on the intranet and the opac, even though
I have over 5000 other items. That search result gets me to
http://stam.library.admin.test/cgi-bin/koha/catalogue/MARCdetail.pl?biblionumber=5820

I can view other items by manually changing the biblionumber in the
address bar URL. However, it seems that only 100a shows up in the marc
data for any other item except the one added after the upgrade. Also,
the value of 100a seems to be incorrect as it is always the same
"Personal name  20080208 frey50".

I was browsing through the database tables using phpmyadmin and came
across this warning: "PRIMARY and INDEX keys should not both be set for
column `biblioitemnumber`" in Database: Koha > Table: biblioitems

Is this something that should be changed?

thanks for any help you can give me and for your time,

Matthew Metzger