[Koha-devel] 'OpacSuppression' syspref?

Nicole Engard nicole.engard at liblime.com
Fri Mar 27 11:30:03 CET 2009

This is from the manual
(https://sites.google.com/a/liblime.com/koha-manual/Home/Table-of-Contents/administration/Global-Preferences/Global-Preferences--Cataloging)
- there is more info here - I hope it helps:

OpacSuppression

This system preference only applies to the 942$n field.

Default Value: OFF

Values:

    * ON = Makes it so that if the 942$n field is set in the framework
to be suppressed in the OPAC, it will not appear in the OPAC
    * OFF = If the 942$n field is set in the framework to be
suppressed in the OPAC, it will still appear in the OPAC

TIP: Sometimes it's easier if you create an authorized value entitled
'SUPPRESS' with two values: 0 for don't suppress and 1 for suppress.
Linking this authorized value to the 942$n field will make it so that
catalogers can pick one of these two values.

IMPORTANT: Unless you have at least one record with a 942$n, turning
'OpacSuppression' ON will cause all OPAC searches to fail. This is
caused by Zebra throwing errors if you search for an index that
doesn't have at least one value.

---

Nicole C. Engard
Open Source Evangelist, LibLime