No subject

Wed May 26 14:59:14 CEST 2010

if they are declared the same. (For ISAM tables, indexes may not be
used at all unless the columns are declared the same.)" does this
apply here?  Do we need to eliminate column length and type=20
mismatches?

Is 'range' the proper type for m2?

Would things speed up if we eliminated resolving the diffs between bibid
and biblionumber and saved that for Perl to do after the result set
has been returned (or would this just create another query and take
longer).

In general, could we trim down the complexity of the query and eliminate
one or two of the joins (I realize that my example has three terms and
so is not the most efficient, however, it's a very popular search
type for us)?

Perhaps our real solution will be new hardware and a replicated database
on a seperate server for searching ...=20

Thanks,

Joshua