[Koha-devel] wiki [important] changes & request for reviewing

MJ Ray mjr at phonecoop.coop
Mon Nov 1 12:54:04 CET 2010

Paul Poulain wrote:
> - http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Category:Abandoned_RFC => contains
> abandoned rfcs (because it's no more relevant or we have lost contact
> with the developer)

I've rescued two of them (multi-level biblios and requiring items) which
I'd still like to see in 3.4 although I have no funding for them at the
moment.

> on page : http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Category:RFCs there are
> still 19 pages that I don't know what to do with.
>
> FOLLOW-UP => ANYONE who has entered a RFCs on the wiki should go and
> double-check that it's at the right place. On some RFCs, the author was
> displayed in the RFC itself (BibLibre or Liblime most of the time, but a
> few others), but the edition history has been lost when we moved the
> wiki. So, for many RFCs, there is no information in the RFC itself and
> it seems to have been filed by nengard, which is wrong.

Why didn't you ask?  I have a copy of what I think is the edit
history, although the move also disrupted it by renaming many pages.
Here is a list of RFC creator usernames from the old wiki:

rfcs3.2:rfc32_hourly_circ       gmc      created
rfcs3.2:rfc32_email_checkout_slips      gmc      created
rfcs3.2:rfc32_fine_thresholds   gmc      created
rfcs3.2:rfc32_opening_hours     gmc      created
rfcs3.2:rfc32_recalls   gmc      created
rfcs3.2:rfc32_holdability_flag  gmc      created
rfcs3.2:rfc32_notifications_and_opac_messaging  gmc      created
rfcs3.2:rfc32_system_groups     gmc      created
rfcs3.2:rfc32_marcstructure_translation eric.begin       created
rfcs3.2:rfc32_description_translation   eric.begin       created
rfcs3.2:rfc32_readingrecordhistory      tipaul   created reading record management by patron
rfcs3.2:acq-permissions nicomo   created
rfcs3.2:create-item-when-ordering       nicomo   created
rfcs3.2:enhance-closing-basket  nicomo   created
rfcs3.2:refining-budgets        nicomo   created
rfcs3.2:better-stats-about-acq  nicomo   created
rfcs3.2:refining-budgets-management     nicomo   created
rfcs3.2:bib-search-acq  nicomo   created
rfcs3.2:searches-on-orders      nicomo   created
rfcs3.2:suggestion-opac-searchtest      nicomo   created
rfcs3.2:suggestion-opac-hold    nicomo   created
rfcs3.2:suggestion-staff-workflow       nicomo   created
rfcs3.2:pqf_search      tipaul   created
rfcs3.2:display_item    tipaul   created : RFC for displaying items in large networks
rfcs3.2:rfc32_koha_api_uml_diagrams_and_e-r_diagrams    tajoli   created
rfcs3.2:rfc32_guided_reports    tipaul   created guided reports improved
rfcs3.2:rfc32_turn_on_warnings  gmc      created
rfcs3.2:rfc32_general_holds_improvement gmc      created
rfcs3.2:rfc32_hold_request_targeting    gmc      created
rfcs3.2:rfc32_ajax_in_the_staff_interface       pianohacker      created
rfcs3.2:rfc32_advancedpatronsearch      danny.bouman     created RFC for advanced patron search
rfcs3.2:buying-analysis tipaul   created
rfcs3.2:rfc32_cas_compatibility nicomo   created
rfcs3.2:rfc32_unsaved_changes_notification      danny.bouman     created
rfcs3.2:advanced_cataloging_search      danny.bouman     created
rfcs3.2:rfc32_fast_add  danny.bouman     created
rfcs3.2:rfc32_syndetics_support danny.bouman     created
rfcs3.2:rfc32_place_hold_multiple_items danny.bouman     created
rfcs3.2:rfc32_tag_multiple_items        danny.bouman     created
rfcs3.2:rfc32_holdings_structure        gmc      created
rfcs3.2:authority_control_improvements  gmc      created
rfcs3.2:rfc32_brief_records     gmc      created
rfcs3.2:improved_batch_capabilities     danny.bouman     created
rfcs3.2:rfc32_improved_permissions      danny.bouman     created
rfcs3.2:rfc32_staff_place_hold_opac     danny.bouman     created
rfcs3.2:rfc32_import_export_system_preferences  danny.bouman     created
rfcs3.2:rfc32_barcode_prefixes  rch      created
rfcs3.2:rfc32_multiple_opac     rch      created
rfcs3.2:rfc32_take_items_out_of_bib     gmc      created
rfcs3.2:storequeries    hdl      created
rfcs3.2:rfc32_improved_security pustake  created
rfcs3.2:rfc32_item_level_itemtypes      rch      created
rfcs3.2:blocking_non_blocking_rules     tipaul   created
rfcs3.2:fines_in_days   tipaul   created
rfcs3.2:dbix-class      amoore   created
rfcs3.2:rfc32_biblio_table      rch      created
rfcs3.2:rfc32_subtitle_field    mdhafen  created
rfcs3.2:requiring_items mjr      created
rfcs3.2:rfc32_circ_policies     rch      created
rfcs3.2:rfc32_patronselfprivacy tipaul   created : RFC for patron dealing with their Reading History at OPAC

If any appear multiple times, I think the later ones are translations.
Perhaps someone could recover any RFCs that they think are/should not be
abandoned, based on that list?

Regards,
Webmaster, Debian Developer, Past Koha RM, statistician, former lecturer.
Available for hire for various work http://www.software.coop/products/