[Koha-devel] Koha 3.2 : bulkmarcimport.pl/bulkauthimport.pl

Linda Culberson lculber at mdah.state.ms.us
Mon Nov 1 20:38:19 CET 2010

  Everyone,
I apologize if this is the wrong list for this question.  There is
considerable change in the bulkmarcimport.pl script and it seems to be
written to handle authorities as well as bibliographic records.  I
loaded my authority records using bulkauthimport.pl as I did in 3.1, and
it worked fine, but I was wondering if I should be using
bulkmarcimport.pl for both authorities and biblios (in other words, is
bulkauthimport.pl being deprecated?)

I also still have the need to be able to retain our system
identification numbers from the 001 as the biblio.biblionumber because
it is used to tie our analytics to the host record  and it is used in
links to non-MARC databases. I see that  there is still
/usr/share/koha/bin/batchImportMARCWithBiblionumbers.pl   and 3.2's
bulkmarcimport.pl does seem to allow for a "-k" "keepids" option
(although the script does state that is is .."for authorities, where 001
contains the authid for Koha, that can contain a very valuable info for
authorities coming from LOC or
BNF. useless for biblios probably")   I tried unsuccessfully to use that
option for biblios, and wondered if anyone else was working on a similar
problem.

Thanks in advance.

Linda Culberson			lculber at mdah.state.ms.us
Archives and Records Services Division