[Koha-devel] Imported MARC notice and Authorities: : inconsistent database

Frère Sébastien Marie semarie-koha at latrappe.fr
Wed Feb 16 09:08:29 CET 2011

On Tue, Feb 15, 2011 at 12:44:22PM +0100, Fridolyn SOMERS wrote:

> But has far as I know, the link between biblio and authorities is not
> managed during import (it would be quite difficult I think).
> Subfield 700$9 is considered as a normal data.

I think a better behavior should be to strip 700$9 (in the export stage, where its known unambigiously that 700$9 is really the koha_internal_number) ? Its resolv inconsistences in the import stage (no reference to a wrong authority), and should simplify future relinking.

> You may find a script in Koha to synchronise the biblio fields with the
> existing authorities.
> If not, you'll have to create it. Maybe a SQL script is enought.

misc/link_bibs_to_authorities.pl should be the right (thanks Chris), but it failed with UNIMARC flavour...

$ ./link_bibs_to_authorities.pl --test --verbose
Can't locate object method "new" via package "C4::Heading::UNIMARC" (perhaps you forgot to load "C4::Heading::UNIMARC"?) at /srv/koha/koha-git-tree/C4/Heading.pm line 168.

In my repository, there is no "C4/Heading/UNIMARC.pm" ... only "C4/Heading/MARC21.pm".
But "C4/Heading.pm" refers to C4::Heading::UNIMARC .

----- BEGIN C4/Heading.pm: lines 164-173 -----
sub _marc_format_handler {
  my $marcflavour = shift;

  if ($marcflavour eq 'UNIMARC') {
    return C4::Heading::UNIMARC->new();
  } else {
    return C4::Heading::MARC21->new();
  }

}
----- END C4/Heading.pm -----

And I can't verify against the git tree (git.koha-community.org seem currently hanged: ping ok, connect 80 ok, but no responses from server), but my current version its from Jan 6, 2011 , and the _marc_format_handler function dated to 2008 (date based with git blame) : so I think ok, but its lacks UNIMARC support for ./link_bibs_to_authorities.pl .

> Tell us if you suceed.

Working progress...

Thanks.
--