[Koha-devel] Koha Support provider

MJ Ray mjr at phonecoop.coop
Fri Jul 8 02:59:07 CEST 2011

davi at gnu.org wrote:
> This email is to request to be listed on koha-community.org as a Koha Support
> provider.
>
>   Company Name:  leals.com

I have some serious concerns about this being listed, including:

  * it does not even mention Koha on the site, let alone link back
    to koha-community.org (verified by search engine);

  * I believe the site lists "clients" who never hired this leals.com;

  * it is called a co-op in the listing request, but not on the site
    and isn't recognised as one by any other co-op AFAICT (this
    probably matters more to me than most people, as defending the
    co-operative identity is a big task);

  * the site appears not to meet the EC Directive on E-commerce
    2000/31/EC, notably Article 5 General information to be provided
    and Article 6 (b) identifying the natural or legal person.

(Of course, that last one is a problem if it's where the listing
request says.  Not a problem if it's really in west Texas like
http://www.everythingamarillo.com/marketplace/businesses/leals-mexican-restaurant/
says. ;-) )

Regards,
http://koha-community.org supporter, web and LMS developer, statistician.