[Koha-devel] CircControl, HomeOrHoldingBranch and HomeOrHoldingBranchReturn

Colin Campbell colin.campbell at ptfs-europe.com
Tue May 10 18:49:04 CEST 2011

On 10/05/11 17:07, Nicole Engard wrote:
> Based on this info, we need clearer explanations of the preferences
> ... and I'm not sure how to label them so that they make sense.
> Suggestions?

Theres a routine in Circulation.pm  _GetCircControlBranch which uses the
two of them to return the branch's policy is to be
used in the circ transaction, logic flow is:
if CircControl == 'PickupLibrary' use the branch you are logged in at
if CircControl == 'PatronLibrary' use the borrowers library
if neither of the above use the field identified in HomeOrHoldingBranch
from the item (unless its holding and there isn't a value there, in
which case revert to home).

C.

--
Colin Campbell