[Koha-devel] A few things you could do before I release of Koha 3.8

Paul Poulain paul.poulain at biblibre.com
Thu Apr 19 18:26:26 CEST 2012

Hello,

Would you please take care of the following request before the release
of Koha 3.8:
* I've added a draft of the release notes to 3.8 to the wiki. I'll
continue working on them, but if you have something to say, they are
here = http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/3.8_Release_Notes

* one of the last patches I've pushed is bug 7849. I'm quite
uncomfortable because it touches something in the core of circulation. I
couldn't find anything wrong, but please, double or triple check !!!

* The INSTALL.* files are a little bit outdated. Zeno made some changes
on bug 7759, that is waiting for your signoff, but I think/feel more
updates would be welcomed. For example, the INSTALL file don't speak of
checking XML sax parser, while the INSTALL.debian does. If someone can
take care...

* The QA team has no patches that is signed-off and that must be QAed
before the release, good job people !

* There are some bugfixes that are still waiting for a sign-off. The
most important ones are:
7641 	Add ability to suspend reserves.
7848 	Issues data missing from circulation notices
7441 	search results showing wrong branch?
6976 	User hold limit can be avoided by users in OPAC

* The bug 7979 introduces a new stylesheet and homepage for the staff
interface. I've setup the sandbox with this bug. If you want to have a
look, head here = http://pro.test1.biblibre.com/ login/password=
test/test . Many people already had a look at this new design. We made
some tweaks. Please *don't* say that you would prefer another color or
something like that: it's something we would debate for years. Gaetan,
that made the design, will add a wiki page in the next days, to explain
how to tweak this design using intranetusercss. But, if you find
something *technically wrong*, please report it. I plan to push this
patch just before releasing (i've checked it doesn't change any string :
the french homepage is fully translated).

Tomorrow will be my last day pushing patches. (This week-end, my wife is
40, don't expect me to push anything !!! On monday -european- morning,
Koha 3.8 will be released !)

--
Paul POULAIN
http://www.biblibre.com