[Koha-devel] A few things you could do before I release of Koha 3.8

Owen Leonard oleonard at myacpl.org
Thu Apr 19 20:54:01 CEST 2012

> ... very respectfully, it's bloatware. Firebug pagespeed finds a 23%
> increase in transfer size:

There's no way to "respectfully" use the term "bloatware."

> The "old" fitted nicely onto one screen without scrolling; for the "new" you
> have to scroll for all functions except search.

What are the dimensions of your browser window? It should be possible
to make it more flexible.

> Adding a new Marc record now requires 2 clicks instead of one.

True, if you do all your cataloging using the default framework.

> We'd have to experiment to see how our "news and links" can be functionally
> fitted to the left hand side of the screen.

The display of news is essentially unchanged in this version.

> Question:  can the css, templates etc from 3.6 be retained?  Or do the mods
> permeate further?

The changes are primarily CSS-based with the exception of the removal
two links, "Add MARC record" and "System preferences."

> but do not see any advantages to this "P5 - low enhancement" bug.

"enhancement" being the informational part of that statement. The "P5
- low" aspect of the bug doesn't have any real meaning. Priority is
ignored.

  -- Owen

--
Web Developer