[Koha-devel] Koha 3.8 released... Koha 3.10 (or 4.0) started

Paul Poulain paul.poulain at biblibre.com
Tue Apr 24 05:08:05 CEST 2012

Hello Koha developers,

Koha 3.8 has been released. It means we can start working on the next
version that will be released in October.

For this version, my goal, as RM, is to focus on:
* cleaning the code. We have decided a while ago to move from C4 to
Koha, separate business logic from data access (see
http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Namespace_QA_Rules), but only a few
things have been made since then. I hope to be able to submit a proposal
for going that way in the next weeks. That will be a long-term thing,
but it's needed for a better stability, maintainability, readability.

* Persistence layer (Plack) for Koha is stable for the OPAC, and
experimental for the staff interface. I hope we will quickly have
feedbacks that it works too. My goal is to be able to provide Plack
configuration activated by default when you install Koha.

* adding new features, of course. On this matter, there are 108 bugs
that are waiting for your signoff, something like 75 being ENHancements ;-)

PS: I leave for a week of holiday, I hope I'll have a lot of things to
push when I come back, next Monday ;-)
--
Paul POULAIN
http://www.biblibre.com