[Koha-devel] tweak to git-bz, to email 'koha-patches' mailing-list

Mason James mtj at kohaaloha.com
Wed Sep 26 10:44:11 CEST 2012

On 2012-09-17, at 4:30 PM, Mason James wrote:

> On 2012-09-17, at 3:46 PM, Chris Cormack wrote:

>>> +1 for me too :)
>>
>> Do make sure you keep a copy of your patches then, either in a offsite
>> repository you push to, or a usb key etc.
>> Since now instead of being in the archives, and in hundreds for
>> peoples inboxes, the one copy is in a database on my linode server.
>>
>> I back up, but ... I don't rely on myself and keep extra copies, you should too.
>
> just thinking...
> a trivial change to git-bz could email the patch to the patches at list, when uploaded a patch to bugzilla
>
> which would be a double-win, i think
>
> i'll attempt this sometime soon, and report back to the list…

well, i finally got round to sorting this one

i added a '--mail' arg to git-bz
so, to send your patch to the koha-patches list, when attaching to bugzilla, run...

$ git-bz attach -m 1234 HEAD

i've pushed the change to my git repo, for your pulling pleasure -> https://github.com/KohaAloha/git-bz

feedback welcome