[Koha-devel] Koha 3.12 timeline

Jared Camins-Esakov jcamins at cpbibliography.com
Tue Feb 5 14:12:32 CET 2013

Good morning.

I have returned from vacation and found, to my horror, that time has not
stood still in my absence, and we are now only three and a half months out
from the 3.12 release. In light of the implacable march of time, I wanted
to provide an update on the release timeline for Koha 3.12. There are four
important dates:

* Feature slush - March 15.
Starting on March 15, any patch adding a new feature or enhancement which
has not already been attached to a bug on Bugzilla (or submitted to Koha
via git branch) will not be considered for inclusion in Koha 3.12.
* Feature freeze - March 22.
Starting on March 22, no further features or enhancements will be pushed.
It will be bugfixes only from here on out. This will allow our Docs Manager
to revise the help files to reflect the features of 3.12 prior to the
string freeze, below.
* String freeze - May 1.
Starting on May 1, no patch (other than security patches) changing
translatable strings will be accepted for Koha 3.12.0.
* Koha 3.12.0 Release - May 22.
On May 22, Koha 3.12.0 will be released, and the 3.12 branch handed off to
the 3.12 RMaint. Depending on the preferences of the 3.14 RM, 3.12 may be
branched on May 22, or 3.12 may be branched earlier.

Recap:
March 15 - feature slush
March 22 - feature freeze
May 1 - string freeze
May 22 - release

Reminder: we have a lot of patches that need attention from testers. As of
right now, 158 patches waiting for sign off, and 116 patches waiting for
QA. Most are enhancements or new features, but there are also a bunch of
bugfixes in there. Let's try to get all the worthy patches we already have
into 3.12!

Regards,
Jared Camins-Esakov

--
Jared Camins-Esakov
Bibliographer, C & P Bibliography Services, LLC
(e-mail) jcamins at cpbibliography.com
(web) http://www.cpbibliography.com/