[Koha-devel] Hackfest update #2

Galen Charlton gmc at esilibrary.com
Tue Oct 22 07:37:44 CEST 2013

Hi,

Here are some notes from the second day of hackfest:

* The total number of kittens now gamboling in the fields is 102. [1]
* Two tutorial sessions were done.  Chris Cormack conducted one on
Class::Accessor and Object::Tiny, while I conducted one on DBIx::Class.
 Some discussion of moving forward now that DBIx::Class is in master took
place, which I'll be writing up later this week.
* Petter Goksøyr Åse gave a presentation on plans by the Oslo Public
Library to use Koha as a library transaction manager while the discovery
system will be based on an RDF triple-store.  The metadata layer would
generate MARC records for ingest into Koha.
* Chris Cormack helped a librarian set up a Koha development environment.
* Several librarians attending the LIANZA conference in New Zealand
submitted first-time patches to Koha under the guidance of Liz Rea.
* Several of us visited one of the branches of the Washoe County Library to
inspect the self-check stations that they've been building using open
source software and inexpensive computer hardware and cabinetry.

[1] http://scoreboard.koha-community.org/

--
Galen Charlton
Manager of Implementation