[Koha-devel] 3.16 release calendar

Galen Charlton gmc at esilibrary.com
Tue Apr 8 23:58:48 CEST 2014

Hi,

I'm setting the following dates for the next steps in the Koha release
cycle.  Note that date for deadlines should be interpreted to mean
that they finish at 23:59 in my time zone, which is presently
UTC-08:00.

Wednesday, 23 April: alpha release -- I will clear the passed QA queue
and roll a tarball.

Monday, 28 April: feature freeze -- any new feature or enhancement bug
must have reached Passed QA by the end of that day to be considered
for inclusion.  Note that I may grant the new cataloging editor up to
two days of leeway on this deadline.

Wednesday, 30 April: beta release -- by the end of the day, I will
clear the Passed QA queue and roll a beta release.  A soft string
freeze will start upon release of the beta; at this point, translators
can be confident that there won't be major string changes.

Monday, 5 May: at the end of the day, a firm string freeze will
beginning.  I will not call it a hard freeze, as security bugs and
release blockers will trump string stability, but translators can
expect that there will be no unnecessary changes.

Monday, 19 May: I will cut the release candidate

Thursday: 22 May: General release.

Regards,

Galen
--