[Koha-devel] A note about the squeeze-dev repo

Galen Charlton gmc at esilibrary.com
Tue Apr 15 19:15:45 CEST 2014

Hi,

On Mon, Apr 14, 2014 at 11:45 PM, Robin Sheat <robin at catalyst.net.nz> wrote:
> I've just updated the koha in squeeze-dev to the latest master. However
> this won't update automatically, as 3.15.1 was in there previously (to
> force an update for the security update a few months back), and now the
> version is back to 3.15~git...
>
> Prior to the security update, the version was 3.15-1, but due to a more
> strict enforcement of the debian policy in recent versions, we have to
> drop the -1 part.
>
> So, if you are using packages from master (for testing purposes only, of
> course :), you'll want to do:
>
> sudo apt-get install koha-common=3.15~*
>
> to force the "downgrade" to the current version.

Thanks!

I'd like to tack on a semi-related (or possibly not at all related)
question.  Should we consider adopting a different set of code
names/suites for our APT repository?  For example:

testing
stable
oldstable
(maybe) reallyoldstable

or perhaps go by version number (modified as needed to confirm with
any toolchain expectations about the format of the suite name)?

3.16.x
3.14.x
etc.

Doing this would avoid any implications about which particular OS
releases a given package can work with.

Regards,

Galen
--