[Koha-devel] Documentation review

Robin Sheat robin at catalyst.net.nz
Tue Dec 30 06:04:31 CET 2014

I've redone the documentation about the packages. Currently it's
untested, that may be a job for tomorrow. However, it'd be good to get a
couple more opinions before I publish them.

The audience for these is "people who have a reasonable idea of how to
get around in Linux", so it's not supposed to be a total newbie guide.

I'm aiming for it to have enough information for someone to know what's
going on, but not so much that it becomes hard to follow, especially in
the "Installation Process" section. The informational bit at the bottom
can be wordier. As such, I'm mostly interested to know:

      * Do the instructions work (though, as I haven't tested them
        myself yet, I wouldn't be surprised to find an error or three in
        them),
      * are there common scenarios that it doesn't account for, and
      * is there useful/important information that's missing.

You can find my new draft here:

http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Talk:Koha_on_Debian

--
Robin Sheat