[Koha-devel] Batch modifications for records

Jonathan Druart jonathan.druart at biblibre.com
Tue Mar 18 17:31:50 CET 2014

Hi developers,

A long time ago, we had bug 5725 (Batch modifications for Biblios). It has
been rewritten and abandoned.
We waited for bug 8015 (Add MARC Modifications Templates) which is now in
3.14.
But it is marked as "experimental", and it is a good thing given that some
behaviors are buggy.

Hopefully we now have some bug reports, with patches!
Bug 11319 is a preparation step for bug 11413. This one is the bugfix for
the weird behaviors existing in 3.14 and master.

Icing on the cake, bug 11395 introduces a new tool to modify records
(biblio and authority) in a batch using Marc modification templates.

Librarians really like to modify records in a batch. So make them happy and
test these patches! Koha are waiting this feature for 3 years! And now we
can have it, with unit tests!

Regards,
Jonathan

Bug 5725 - Batch modifications for Biblios (MOVED)
Bug 8015 - Add MARC Modifications Templates (Pushed to Master)
Bug 11319 - Marc modification templates improvements (Needs signoff)
Bug 11413 - Marc modification template has not the expected behavior if the
condition and source fields are on the same field (Needs signoff)
Bug 11395 - Batch modifications for records (Signed off)