[Koha-devel] Koha and DBIC

Jonathan Druart jonathan.druart at biblibre.com
Thu Sep 11 15:56:41 CEST 2014

>> Give me examples please: Which "modules" don't need specific packages?
>> IMO, these ones should have their own modules: Order, Supplier,
>> Biblio, Item, Issue, Authorised value, Suggestion, Library, Budget,
>> Fund, Patron.
>

> Why do you believe these need Koha modules? Each one of these already has an
> object with methods via DBIC. We can add more methods either for a given
> Library via Result::Branch, or for a collection of libraries via
> ResultSet::Branch

Just because in my feeling, they need their own module. To share
responsibilities.
This abstraction is not a way to make the logic/architecture
complicated, but to simplify it.
I am not a fan of 2k packages lines...

> I'd really love to get a chance to write something that exemplifies this. So
> far the only bit has been Result::Item::effective_itemtype()

Just a quick example would give me what you think.
With biblio or patron, or whatever.
I am waiting for examples for 1 year now.

>> I we reach an agreement, we can do what we want.
>>
>> I hope some of you will be in Cordoba in 3 weeks! :)
>
> I wish I was going! Unfortunately, with a baby in the house I've made the
> decision not to attend this year. It was not an easy decision to make, and
> I'll miss getting to see everyone. I hope any discussions regarding these
> issues will continue to take place here and on #koha so I can participate!

Too bad!