[Koha-devel] Koha and DBIC

Marcel de Rooy M.de.Rooy at rijksmuseum.nl
Mon Sep 15 21:11:35 CEST 2014

> I am troubled by the idea that we should wrap all our dbic classes in yet more classes. Every example I've seen of this has more code by a factor of almost 10. I don't know if Koha is so complex that it requires a repository pattern.
I think that it would require rewriting Koha. This changeover might just be too complex for us.

> How much more difficult will this be for developers, and how much more overhead will it require if we wrap our objects in more objects? We'd have to fetch the Row objects, wrap them in KohaRow objects, wrap those in a KohaRowSet, and return them. Certainly, but far more complicated.
I would say: Leave all storage related actions in Koha::Schema. KohaRow does not make sense to me.
Furthermore, define the objects that actually have 'real' business logic and put that in some Koha::Object.

Marcel