[Koha-devel] Koha and DBIC

Colin Campbell colin.campbell at ptfs-europe.com
Wed Sep 17 12:49:23 CEST 2014

A Koha::Object sounds like extremely poor design. What kind of object is
a Koha::Object, what are its properties, when we say a Koha::Biblio isa
Koha::Object what does that mean? In practice what meaningful properties
it has it inherits from Koha::Schema::Result::Biblio which is liable to
be a better representation than the vaguer Onject.

In practice I've recently written some scripts which in first version
used some abstractions built around dbic ResultSets, As I added to them
I stripped out out the abstractions and used the dbic result sets as I
found this generated cleaner, more straightforward code.

Colin

--
Colin Campbell
Chief Software Engineer,