[Koha-devel] Introduction: Barton Chittenden, Bywater Solutions

Barton barton at bywatersolutions.com
Fri Sep 19 23:51:25 CEST 2014

Hello, Koha-dev!

A quick intro, per the mailing list welcome message.

My name is Barton Chittenden, I do technical support for Bywater
Solutions. I've been working there since November. Most of you probably
recognize me as 'barton' on #koha.

I wrote my first Perl script in 2000, and started doing ETL work
(Extract/Transform/Load, aka data munging) around 2001 or 2002. I've
been a Unix Weenie since 1995, and did my first Slackware Linux install
in 1999. I've worked as a perl programmer in a Linux environment ever since.

I tend to write perl and shell scripts in the course of trouble-shooting
for Bywater, and I'm always looking for ways to automate the process of
trouble-shooting.

Koha is the first open source project that I've worked on. One of my
goals over the next year or so is to get more involved with bug signoff,
leading into QA. Eventually, I would like to do development.

Thanks,

--Barton