[Koha-devel] New coding guidelines on adding a syspref (INSERTIGNORE)

Mark Tompsett mtompset at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 7 17:33:53 CEST 2015

Greetings,

We have started the move to DBIx, which will grant us back-end portability
eventually. Why would we use a mySQL-ism? Is there no nicer way to do this?
The tweak to System Preferences is fine, because it expressly states what is
better, but to continue with just adding a IGNORE in the Database updates
seems less than perfect. Sufficient for now perhaps, and better than before,
but not really what I hope we are aiming for, right?

GPML,
Mark Tompsett