[Koha-devel] plack in production

Gaetan Boisson gaetan.boisson at biblibre.com
Fri Apr 17 16:00:26 CEST 2015

  Hello,

we have tested plack a little further. We have achieved much more
stability but are still encountering very serious bugs, before filing a
report for each of them, i would like to ask here whether it does sound
like something that is happening because of plack, and whether this has
been identified before :

- A vast majority of records are giving a "The record you requested does
not exist" message when trying to display the detailed record, even
though the record does seem to exist in the database, and i was even
able to check out items linked to said record.
- trying to place a reservation and a document from a result list
results in an error, maybe unsurprisingly given the above :

Can't call method "field" on an undefined value at /home/koha/src/C4/Items.pm line 1625.
  at /usr/share/perl/5.18/CGI/Carp.pm line 378

- i noticed a delay between changing circulation rules and seeing them
applied when checking out items (the rule was saying i could borrow 13
items, i brought it down to 2, but was then able to checkout 3 items
without getting a notice. Shortly after i was getting proper notices
telling me i was exceeding the quota)
- There were numerous encoding problems with non ascii characters, this
might be linked to Bug 13815 - plack loose CGI qw(-utf8) flag creating
incorrect utf-8 encoding everywhere; but this was not just patrons.
Cataloging frameworks, authorised values, fund names were all affected.
- exporting data from cgi-bin/koha/tools/export.pl also lead to a crash,
which seems to be linked to UTF-8 issue too:

:11: parser error : Input is not proper UTF-8, indicate encoding !
     <subfield code="p">5.40�</subfield>
                            ^
  at /home/koha/src/tools/export.pl line 683

Let me know what seems geniunely new and plack related to you and i will
file the bugs.

Thanks!

--
Gaetan Boisson