[Koha-devel] plack in production

Gaetan Boisson gaetan.boisson at biblibre.com
Thu Mar 26 16:17:17 CET 2015

  Hello all,

we have been talking about plack quite a lot in the last hackfest, and i
must say i am not that comfortable with the technical aspects and hardly
understand what the issues are, but...

I tried it with the help of our sysops a couple days ago, and i must say
koha does feel *really* fast with plack enabled. If you havent yet, you
should try. It really made me realize why this should be a priority for
us to get it to work.

Now, it turns out it really doesn't work for us. It keeps crashing every
few minutes. We haven't had time to investigate any further, but before
pouring more time in this i wanted to know whether anyone was using it
seriously (including for the staff interface), and what your conclusions
are. Importantly, i would also like to know more about the recommended
configuration, and the areas we should have a close look at in our set up.

Thanks for your advice!

--
Gaetan Boisson
Chef de projet bibliothécaire