[Koha-devel] Permissions for /var/spool/koha/instance and possible path changes

Reed Wade reed at typist.geek.nz
Wed Jul 13 04:09:02 CEST 2016

opt is nice, http://www.pathname.com/fhs/2.2/fhs-3.12.html

code in /opt/koha and data in /var/opt/koha

We've been using this pattern at the place I just left (not for Koha but
other things) and it makes it very easy and (for us at least was--your
mileage will vary) intuitive.

--

side note-- /var/opt instead of /opt/var allows you to keep a var-like disk
management strategy for all of /var without having to make it a special

-reed