[Koha-devel] Koha misc4dev

Jonathan Druart jonathan.druart at bugs.koha-community.org
Fri Nov 11 12:34:42 CET 2016

Hi devs,

Just to let you know that I have created a new repo for handy scripts I use
everyday.
A couple of weeks ago I decided to submit stuffs on bugzilla to have more
scripts in the misc/devel directory.
But actually it takes me too much time trying to integrate them into the
Koha codebase (I always need to apply my patches locally when I need them,
fix conflicts, etc.)

I have closed these 2 bugs:
   Bug 17529 - Add a --with-records option to populate_db.pl
   Bug 17534 - Press a button and get a fresh DB
And move these changes outside of bugzilla.
I prefer to create my own repo, it will be easier and quicker to maintain.
You can have a look on https://github.com/joubu/koha-misc4dev
It just does a few stuffs so far:
- populate the DB with all sample data
- create a superlibrarian user
- insert some data (this is new):
    * insert records
    * insert a default circ rule
    * configure the self registration and self-checkout features
    * insert acquisition data (budget, fund, vendor and basket)
- rebuild zebra

I should not have submitted populate_db.pl and create_superlibrarian.pl,
but they have already been backported to stable so it seems easier to let
them in the Koha codebase.

Feel free to fork or pull request!

Cheers,
Jonathan