[Koha-devel] RPMs for Koha (Fedora, RHEL, openSUSE, etc)

Nicholas van Rheede van Oudtshoorn vanoudt at gmail.com
Fri Sep 23 04:55:25 CEST 2016

Hi David and the list

Yep - still got RPMs happening for Koha - currently on a Fedora COPR,
rather than on OBS. ( https://copr.fedorainfracloud.
org/coprs/vanoudt/KOHAExtra/ ) The benefit of using a COPR/OBS is that we
don't need to go through all the hurdles to get them into the offical
repos. At the moment, it's basically just packages of the dependencies.
Would be great to get the full debian-style package converted into Koha!

I'd be *more* than happy to open that COPR up to other contributors.

I've also started a github repo, which we could also share, which could
contain .SPEC files etc. (and even the code for modules etc). It would be
great if the spec file for koha itself could be upstreamed. Once it's
working, it shouldnb't be too difficult to keep up todate with new
releases. I'd behappy to keep watch over it.

As for opensuse and other RPM based distros, it should be possible to get
packages that work for both with a little bit of SPEC file magic. These
could be built in OBS, fulling the spec file from the github.

It would be great to have a "meeting of the minds"  :-)

I'm a church pastor most of the week, and only do IT one day a week - of
which Koha is only a part, so I don't generally have masses of time to
devote to it. Having said that, I'm firmly convinced that good packages
should reduce the maintenance burden in the long run!

Nick