[Koha-devel] Plack and CGI : where to put initialization code ?

Julian Maurice julian.maurice at biblibre.com
Mon Apr 10 10:39:44 CEST 2017

Hello developers,

I need to execute code at the beginning of every request. For now it's
in a BEGIN block. It works well in CGI mode, but not at all with plack
(it's only executed once).
I tried moving the BEGIN block into a sub init(), calling this sub in
the BEGIN block and in the PSGI file (in CGI::new wrapper). It works but
it doesn't feel "right".

Is there a common place to put this kind of code ?
Should I use the L1 cache (which is flushed at every request) to store
some state (initialized or no) and call init() in every method of the
module or something like that ?

--
Julian Maurice <julian.maurice at biblibre.com>
BibLibre