[Koha-devel] Gender-neutral pronouns

Philippe Blouin philippe.blouin at inlibro.com
Wed Apr 19 23:19:48 CEST 2017

I appreciate the trivia, I was not aware of that possibility.  I
certainly envy the students of the language.

But I'll presume you've since used English quite enough to be considered
fluent in it, unlike most other Koha contributors.  And if Kate is ready
to learn genderless pronouns, as I'm sure are most of the well rounded
and educated individuals that make up this community, _it is not
intuitive nor easy, in fact it is very very confusing_ to the discrete
contributor.  An unwarranted confusion, in my opinion.

Again, to be clear, we're not talking about the face of Koha we're
presenting to the world, the Product.  We're talking about coding
guidelines for _code comments_ added genuinely by naive contributors.
Lower the barrier to entry, do not raise them!

Anyway... have a good day/night/evening/dusk/dawn/lunch

Damn it!  It's hard to be inclusive!

Have a good they

Philippe Blouin,
Responsable du développement informatique

Tél.  : (888) 604-2627
philippe.blouin at inLibro.com <mailto:philippe.blouin at inLibro.com>

inLibro | pour esprit libre | www.inLibro.com <http://www.inLibro.com>