[Koha-devel] Help requested - new Koha installer and onboarding tool

Jonathan Druart jonathan.druart at bugs.koha-community.org
Thu Feb 16 14:45:07 CET 2017

Hello,

As some of you may know, a lot of works have been made by Alex, Owen and
<alexbuckley at catalyst.net.nz>Mark to provide a new Koha installer.
It really looks awesome and it would be great to get it in quickly.
An onboarding tool feature is added at the end of the installation process
to create some mandatory data, like library, patron category,
superlibrarian, etc.
Everything is almost done and has been fully tested.

However a big bug has been found during the QA review: some sample data
files have been moved from a directory to another and the translated files
have not been taken into account.
Which leads to issues if you try to install Koha using a translated
languages.

Bug 17855 (onboarding tool) and bug 17942 (web installer style improvement)
are ready (fully tested).
But we need bug 18039 (move the installer files for translated languages)
first.
It is not easy to test everything for just one guy, so we would need one
person for each language: de-DE, es-ES, fr-FR, fr-CA, , it-IT, nb-NO,
pl-PL, ru-RU and uk-UA

The goal is to:
1. apply 18039, then 17855 and finally 17942 (things are not clear on the
bug reports, so please use my remote branch [1])
2. Translate the template for your language
3. Try the new web installer process, using your language
4. Get amazed about how beautiful it is
5. Switch to master, update the templates
6. Select all the sample files, screenshots of the file list, DB dump
7. Switch to the new branch
8. Select all the sample files, screenshots of the file list, DB dump
9. Compare all what you can compare and make sure the behaviours before and
after the patches are the same.

Let me know if you have any questions.

If you are using ru-RU and uk-UA, be around! These 2 directories have not
been updated for ages and I am wondering if someone is using them.

Cheers,
Jonathan

[1] https://github.com/joubu/Koha/tree/new_web_installer