[Koha-devel] Expected behaviour if itemtype does not exist

Jonathan Druart jonathan.druart at bugs.koha-community.org
Wed Jul 12 20:50:57 CEST 2017

Hi devs,

Since bug 17843 I get errors if the item type (items.itype or
biblioitems.itemtype depending on the pref item_level_itypes) does not
exist as an item type (table itemtypes, filled by Administration › Item
types administration).
The error (Can't call method "translated_description" on an undefined
value) appears because we call a method on an undefined value.
As this is a configuration issue (right?) I think we should add an alert
from the updatedatabase.pl script, then a warning on the about page.
Would that be enough or should we handle the problematic case anyway (i.e.
call the method only if the item type exists in DB)?

Cheers,
Jonathan