[Koha-devel] Hackfest in Marseille, registrations open !

Paul Poulain paul.poulain at biblibre.com
Wed Jan 10 13:52:16 CET 2018

Hello everyone,

As already announced, the next Koha hackfest in Marseille will be in
March, 12th-16th. Registrations are open !!!

Should I explain what is the hackfest ?

OK, for newbies, I explain.

That's a week for anyone interested in being involved into Koha. About
50 persons, librarians and developers, from France and other countries,
meet to:

  * meet
  * test
  * document
  * translate
  * patch
  * talk
  * share
  * show
  * try
  * miss ... and ... retry
  * discuss how to conquer the world (at least libraries...)
  * eat and drink (OK, drink, it's after day-work. And it's not mandatory)

The FAQ:

*Q= what are the conditions to come ?*
A= none, except wanting to contribute to Koha

*Q= What is the cost ?*
A= it's free (but BibLibre does not pay for traveling fees, hotel, or food)

*Q= where does it take place ?*
A= Marseille, 108 rue Breteuil, in BibLibre office. We provide coffee,
desk, chairs, internet, video-projectors and cookies (many people come
with their local candies)

*Q= can I come only for a few days ?*
A= yes, but at least 2 days, in just one day, no time do contribute
anything.

*Q= I need an official letter*
A= Just drop me an email, I'll send one

*Q= I have no laptop*
A= mmmm.... tricky... we don't have any spare laptop, and it's hard to
contribute without laptop...

*Q= how to register ?*
A= easy : drop me an email

*Q= What about hotel, transportation,...*
A= You'll be added to a Google doc when you register.

*Q= I've heard about a cheese lunch, can you explain ?*
A= lunches are organized by BibLibre, in our office (there's no
restaurant large enough in the area), and each lunch has it's own theme.
The legendary "cheese lunch" includes 30+ different french cheese, in a
huge buffet (with some salads...). So you'll discover a part of French
gastronomy. This year, it will be tuesday 13th (I've been asked a few
times: "when is the cheese lunch, I can't be here the whole week, so I
want to be here for the cheese")

*Q= I'm veggie, can you take care of me ?*
A= yes, for sure. Just tell me when you register

*Q= I'm vegan, can you take care of me ?*
A= sorry, but no, too complex. You'll be on your own. But you can eat
with us, welcome.

--
Paul Poulain, Associé-gérant / co-owner
BibLibre, Services en logiciels libres pour les bibliothèques