[Koha-devel] git-bz: avoid storing unencrypted passwords in gitconfig

Julian Maurice julian.maurice at biblibre.com
Wed Jan 17 11:14:15 CET 2018

Hi all,

I recently shared an LXD container containing my Koha dev environment,
and of course I forgot to remove my Bugzilla credentials from the git
config...
I immediately changed it, but for that not to happen again I searched
for a way to not have to store unencrypted passwords for git-bz.

The result is here https://github.com/jajm/git-bz/tree/git-credential

It uses git-credential, so you can theoretically use any password
manager you want, as long as you can write a git-credential helper for
it (I use the builtin 'cache' helper, which stores passwords in memory)

I thought it might interest some people here.

For more information, see the commit message at
https://github.com/jajm/git-bz/commit/efb06d8fe3033a83772d0294ab5f67c7f51eaf57

--
Julian Maurice <julian.maurice at biblibre.com>
BibLibre