[Koha-devel] Centralize and move to gitlab

Jonathan Druart jonathan.druart at bugs.koha-community.org
Tue Jan 23 20:46:51 CET 2018

Hi devs,

(Spoiler: I am not talking about a move from bugzilla to gitlab for the
Koha git repo)

Just a quick comment: gitlab has the ability to move projects with all the
issues.

>From the export page of a project, they say:
"""
The following items will be exported:
Project and wiki repositories
Project uploads
Project configuration including web hooks and services
Issues with comments, merge requests with diffs and comments, labels,
milestones, snippets, and other project entities
"""

So that will be easy to move (already discussed with Chris, will do in May)
* koha-community-devs-users/kohadocs to koha-community/kohadocs
* https://gitlab.com/koha-dashboard/koha-dashboard to
koha-community/koha-dashboard

And the ones from github too:
* joubu/koha-misc4dev to koha-community/koha-misc4dev
* Koha-Community/qa-test-tools to koha-community/qa-test-tools

Then, maybe:
koha-testing-docker
koha-release-notes
kohadevbox
koha-howto

The idea is to centralize our things in one place, ease the PRs and the
ability to clone/fork keeping the visibility on what is the reference
(account 'koha-community'). I would also like to generate a CI
configuration for some of them.
CI file for Koha: https://tree.taiga.io/project/joubu-koha-rm-1711/us/146
(I am going to submit that on bugzilla soon)
CI file for the manual:
https://gitlab.com/koha-community-devs-users/kohadocs/blob/master/.gitlab-ci.yml

Any pros/cons?

Cheers,