[Koha-devel] New OPAC design

Victor Grousset victor.grousset at biblibre.com
Mon Apr 1 15:20:06 CEST 2019

Hi,

On 19-04-01 14:54, Philippe Blouin wrote:
> There's a gender bias there.  We need to get more BOYS to read.

Actually we might not have a gender bias and we could even be getting
male young adults back to the libraries!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/My_Little_Pony:_Friendship_Is_Magic_fandom

 > It also found an unlikely audience in a large group of adult internet
users in late 2010 and early 2011, forming a subculture.
 > These fans, mostly male, were drawn to the show's characters,
stories,  animation style and influence of the show's propagation as an
Internet meme. The fandom adopted the name brony (plural bronies), a
portmanteau of "bro" and "pony".

I tried to find actual numbers, it seems that the first answer is the
less likely to suffer from sample bias:
https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20120814200234AA1qJJ6

There might even be bronies among us.

Cheers,

--
Victor Grousset, dev support/maintenance
BibLibre, Services en logiciels libres pour les bibliothèques