[Koha-oz] Koha and Cobber

Michael . keltoiboy at gmail.com
Thu Jan 15 22:07:29 CET 2015

Hi Chris

I know about the Koha repository, that's where I pointed reprepro to, but
it is a little confusing with Squeeze, and squeeze-dev, apparently being
the major dists available.
I don't know how well Koha will work on Jessie so my intent was to build
packages for Jessie, unless there are packages for Jessie already there,
and that way anyone who uses Cobber will have at last 3, maybe 5 if Debian
do a Jessie LTS, years of use from day of Stable release which will most
likely be mid way through this year sometime.
As it is Squeeze LTS only has 1 more year to run and then support for
Squeeze is finished.

I also intend Cobbers repository to be a "1 stop shop" for packages outside
of the base Debian repository.
I am doing this because many people add multiple repositories added to
their sources.list (e.g. Liqourix, Aptosid, Siduction, Deb-Multimedia,
Mepis, Linux-Mint) and this creates problems with packages clashing.
My intent is to add specific packages, and their dependencies, to Cobbers
"community" repository. I hope to minimise package clashes by doing the
hard work before people add multiple clashing repositories to their
sources.list.

Cheers.

P.S. Sorry for the double up Chris, gmail replied to you only the first
time and not to the mailing list so I have resent it so others can read the
reply.