[Koha-translate] Spanish translation

paul POULAIN paul.poulain at free.fr
Tue Jan 27 15:19:23 CET 2004

Desarrollo Koha wrote:

> Hello:
>
> I am working on translate the english stuff of the default theme to
> spanish, but I have some problems with the translation tool (it seems
> not to catch all the strings and not to process others- specially
> strings with template vars in the middle of them-).
>
>  I don't know the way to publish the work. Don't know what could be
> better translation file (not all the templates will be translated) or
> the translated templates (with some manual work that will be
> overwritten).
>
> Regards.

Hi,
which version did you use ? the CVS rel_2_0 is almost perfect.
In previous versions, we had 2 differents problems :
* some strings were missed during "install".
* when a string had 2 words separated by 2 spaces, the string in the
toTranslate file only had one, and the "installer" missed it. I think in
CVS rel_2_0, there are no more templates with a 2 spaces strings in english.

However, do NOT translate templates. You will be in a deadend really
soon, as you won't be able to check you spanish templates everytime a
commit is done on CVS : I tried, it's simply impossible.

--
Paul POULAIN