[Koha-translate] A timetable proposal for new 3.2.x releases

Chris Nighswonger cnighswonger at foundations.edu
Tue Nov 23 17:18:51 CET 2010

Hi all,

On Tue, Nov 23, 2010 at 10:18 AM, Fischer, Katrin
<Katrin.Fischer at bsz-bw.de>wrote:

> Zeno++
>
> I tested a lot of translation bugs today, that are solved in 3.2.1. So
> there are some new and fuzzy strings now that require translating or
> resubmitting.
>
> Updating the .po files a short time before the bugfix releases is a good
> idea in my opinion.
>
> Perhaps we can do an update some time soon - so people can already start
> and update their 3.2.1 installations using the .po files from pootle.

My understanding of the process is that translation updates are finally
submitted as patches for inclusion in the main repo. It is also my
understanding that the translation manager is responsible for submitting
these patches. If my understanding is correct, then the failure to submit
the necessary patches for inclusion in the main repo would result in their
not being included in the maintenance release.

In light of that, I'm wondering if/when Frédéric plans to have the new
translate.kc.org site up and operational? I cannot speak for Chris C., but
I'm guessing that his time for work on translation stuff is limited now that
he is in the role of release manager.

I think that Zeno's suggested schedule is workable and good, from my
standpoint. However, as a rule, changes will need to be submitted and in
HEAD two days prior to the announced release date for inclusion in the
maintenance release. If you as a translator see this is not happening,
please feel free to contact the translation manager. Outstanding,
mitigating, unforeseen, and <your-favorite-term-here> factors will certainly
be considered and even accommodated as they occur.

Kind Regards,
Chris