[Koha-translate] Strings Freeze and off-line translation

Frédéric Demians f.demians at tamil.fr
Fri Oct 28 09:37:51 CEST 2011

Some of you, translators, are translating off-line. It means you work
with this workflow:

   - You download .po files from Pootle
   - You translate off-line
   - You upload your local .po files

You have to be very careful and you must avoid keeping you .po files
locally for a long time. Otherwise your medications could be lost at
strings freeze.

When the RM, Chris Nighswonger, announces Strings Freeze:

   1) I download all .po files from Pootle
   2) I process all files to add new strings to be translated
   3) I upload all files to Pootle

When Strings Freeze is announced, you MUST upload your .po files to
Pootle. You should even anticipate Strings Freeze and upload your local
.po files few days before. If you don't do that, you won't have new
strings OR you will loose your modifications.

The best practice is certainly to upload your modifications daily.

Regards,
--
Frédéric DEMIANS
http://www.tamil.fr/u/fdemians.html