[Koha-translate] Error in english po-files

Lars J. Helbo lars at helbo.org
Thu Jun 6 16:42:48 CEST 2013

Thank you, yes now I understand the background; but I am still uncertain
about how it happened. The problem is that I can no longer recreate the
problem.

In Pootle it is term 6328. In the source it says: "No quotes available.
Please use the \\"Add quote\\" button to add a quote." (double
backslash). If I write single backslash in the translation like this:
"Ingen citater tilgængelige. Brug knappen \"Tilføj citat\" for at
tilføje et citat." and send it. The backslashes are automatically
doubled. So if I return to term 6328, it looks like this "Ingen citater
tilgængelige. Brug knappen \\"Tilføj citat\\" for at tilføje et citat."
But if I download the po-file, it looks like this: "Ingen citater
tilgængelige. Brug knappen \\\"Tilføj citat\\\" for at tilføje et citat.

I also tried to write double backslash in the translation. In that case
they remain as double and download as tripple. In both cases the
downloaded po-file has triple backslash and works fine. So based on this
it looks as if there is no problem.

However, the first time, I installed the translation, it did not work.
And I am pretty sure this was because that po-file had double backslash
in this term (not triple as they should have been). But now I can not
recreate this condition. That makes me wonder, if the problem is caused
by the po-update tool? This term was also found in version 3.10. Maybe
the error came during the update and disappeared, when I edited the term
the first time - not because of what I wrote, but because I edited it?