[Koha-translate] Fw: Slovak language admin

Viliam POLONEC Viliam_POLONEC at tempest.sk
Mon Jun 6 12:20:34 CEST 2022

Hi Katrin

can you make my account as admin for slovak language?

thank you

Viliam

________________________________
Od: Koha-translate <koha-translate-bounces at lists.koha-community.org> v mene používateľa Katrin Fischer <katrin.fischer.83 at web.de>
Odoslané: nedeľa 5. júna 2022 16:26
Komu: koha-translate at lists.koha-community.org
Predmet: Re: [Koha-translate] Sinhala and Turkmen languages added to the translation platform

Hi,

I've made the user helabasa language admin for Sinhala; Sinhalese (si).

Katrin

On 01.06.22 04:46, R45XvezA wrote:
> Hi
>
> Sorry, i forgot to add all mails to CC
>
> ------------------
>>> I have a another request, please delete "ta_LK" from entire koha and keep only "ta" (tamil) in the platform. Currently it seems no one contribute to the tamil language.
> Reasons:
> 1. "ta_LK" is an unnecessary version with loan words.
> 2. This behavior slow down translation speed for tamil language
> 3. If many people accustomed to using it then affect to the language quality
>
> // It needs a new dedicated thread on koha-translate as I don't have rights on the translation platform and some questions need clarification before deleting a language.
> Here is a first from me. Isn't ta_LK the Tamil variant that is spoken by 28.5% of the people in Sri Lanka? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Languages_of_Sri_Lanka Or is the variant actually used a little and most Tamil speakers speak simply Tamil without specific Sri Lanka variations?
>
> No. Tamil language speak in multiple countries and it doesn't have/or need variants. (+according to our language and history knowledge). See side panel "regions with population" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tamils
>
> Some are try to add variants to IT products for political purposes but this behavior itself affect to tamil people and speakers as mentioned. If someone try to create a variant, it definitely contain more, ancient greek, english, dutch, portuguese, sinhala, malay etc
>
> e.g. see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tamil_loanwords_in_other_languages#In_Sinhala

git: git.koha-community.org
bugs: bugs.koha-community.org