[Koha-translate] Gender sensitive language in Koha?

Bruns, Anke Anke.Bruns at gwdg.de
Wed Sep 21 09:46:24 CEST 2022

Hello,

I'm wondering if, and how the community plans to implement gender sensitive
language in Koha, the manual and the translations.
Are there any plans for Koha in English and/or for some or all translations?

I am aware that in some languages, e.g. German, gender sensitive language is
much harder to apply than in English, however, it's probably an issue for
all languages.

Looking forward to your thoughts,
Anke

--
Anke Bruns M.A. (LIS)
Arbeitsgruppe "Anwendungs- und Informationssysteme"
E-Mail: anke.bruns at gwdg.de
---------------------------------------
Gesellschaft für wissenschaftliche Datenverarbeitung mbH Göttingen (GWDG)
Burckhardtweg 4, 37077 Göttingen, URL: https://gwdg.de

Support: Tel.: +49 551 39-30000, URL: https://gwdg.de/support
Sekretariat: Tel.: +49 551 39-30001, E-Mail: gwdg at gwdg.de

Geschäftsführer: Prof. Dr. Ramin Yahyapour
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender: Prof. Dr. Norbert Lossau
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Göttingen
Registergericht: Göttingen, Handelsregister-Nr. B 598
Zertifiziert nach ISO 9001