[Koha-translate] Wiki articles on translating Koha

Bruns, Anke Anke.Bruns at gwdg.de
Mon Mar 18 10:24:53 CET 2024

Hi,

last week I posted this request on the DACH Koha mailing list, but maybe it
is better here.

I was about to suggest to some of our new Koha users to contribute to Koha
translation and manual translation, as these are nice tasks that
non-programmers can do to support Koha development. However, the Wiki pages
on translation are outdated:

https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Translating_the_Koha_Manual
https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Translating_Koha

Is there any web page with up-to-date instructions on how to work on Koha
translations with Weblate that I can point interested people to?

There is a wiki article relating to Weblate, but it is on the migration from
Pootle to Weblate and seems too complicated for newbies anyway:
https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Translation_server_migration_weblate

Unfortunately I cannot update the wiki pages myself, as I lack the necessary
Weblate expertise (and am not sure I am using it correctly in the first
place).

Thanks in advance for any hints or updated Wiki pages.

Anke Bruns

--
Anke Bruns M.A. (LIS)
Arbeitsgruppe "Anwendungs- und Informationssysteme"
E-Mail: anke.bruns at gwdg.de
Tel.: +49 551 39-30291
Gesellschaft für wissenschaftliche Datenverarbeitung mbH Göttingen (GWDG)
Burckhardtweg 4, 37077 Göttingen, URL: https://gwdg.de

Support: Tel.: +49 551 39-30000, URL: https://gwdg.de/support
Sekretariat: Tel.: +49 551 39-30001, E-Mail: gwdg at gwdg.de

Geschäftsführer: Prof. Dr. Ramin Yahyapour
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender: Prof. Dr. Christian Griesinger
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Göttingen
Registergericht: Göttingen, Handelsregister-Nr. B 598
Zertifiziert nach ISO 9001 und ISO 27001