Subject: [Koha] KOHA's Credibility !
From: "Daniel Caissy" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2005 14:41:51 -0600 (MDT)
List-Id: Discussion list for the Koha Library system <koha.lists.katipo.co.nz>

Hello,

It's time for Koha to empower its credibility ....

I need your help to demonstrate the suitability of Koha in large
libraries, here in Province of Quebec (Canada). Generally, proprietary
vendors have a strong influence on librarians and it's very difficult to
convince that a common 200K$ LIS solution could decrease by 70% when using
open source. What I'd like to work on with you, is the risk that is
associated with open source Koha. This common risk perception is that Koha
will fail if it is used in a large library because of the high transaction
(loan) volume. Having been working in information technology for more than
10 years, I know that the capacity of a transaction solution is related to
the hardware and not to the software, but this isn't easy to explain. Now,
I'd like the Koha community raises up and demonstrates to the rest of the
world that Koha can be suited for small, medium and large libraries. All
you need to do is to answer those 3 simple questions joined with your
contact information and to send the result to me
([email-masked]). I will compile the survey and
publish it on this mailing list, also I'll forward it to koha.org and
koha-fr.org for web publishing.

1. You're using Koha since what date ?
2. How many members are deserved by your library ?
3. How many loans per year are issued by your library ?

(the following won't be published and will be used only if I need to
validate the information)
Name of contact :
email of contact :
Name of library :
Address of library :
Phone :
website :

Many thanks for your support !
Daniel Caissy
[email-masked]
+1-514-802-5642

_______________________________________________
Koha mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.katipo.co.nz/mailman/listinfo/koha