Subject: [Koha] Mellon Awards for Technology Collaboration
From: Daniel Kahn Gillmor <[email-masked]>
To: Koha Mailing List <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2006 02:03:59 -0400
List-Id: Discussion list for the Koha Library system <koha.lists.katipo.co.nz>

Hi good folks involved with Koha--

I hope this isn't just repeating something y'all have already beaten
to death; But I searched the mailing list archive for references to
this subject and couldn't find anything, so here goes:

I recently saw that the Mellon Foundation is giving awards to groups
which have contributed significantly to Open Source projects which
help the typical constituency of the Mellon Foundation (this includes
libraries!).

There appears to be an opportunity for a decent-sized chunk of cash
(25K or 100K USD) for eligible groups who've contributed
staff/time/other resources for projects that Mellon approves of.  From
the looks of things (to me, but i'm unaffiliated with Mellon), Koha
would be a good project.  It's not clear to me exactly what kind of
organization would need to apply to get one of the awards, however.

You can find more information about the awards here:

  http://rit.mellon.org/awards/

At any rate, keep up the good work!  If this helps any of the
long-standing Koha contributors breathe a little easier financially,
so much the better!

happy hacking,

	--dkg

_______________________________________________
Koha mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.katipo.co.nz/mailman/listinfo/koha