[Koha-devel] Packaging

Tonnesen Steve tonnesen at cmsd.bc.ca
Fri Feb 16 22:10:05 CET 2001

Early free form thoughts on packaging Koha.

I need to specify directories for things.  I'm thinking of using:

/usr/share/koha/opac/...
/usr/share/koha/intranet/...
/usr/lib/perl5/C4/...

In my current install, I have two seperate cgi-bin directories for opac
and intranet, although they currently are identical in their content.
Should I maintain seperate directories in case we want to clean this up
later, or should I just lump them into one /usr/share/koha/cgi-bin/
directory and configure apache for both virtual servers to point to this
one cgi-bin dir?

Is it possible to rearrange files in CVS?  It'd be a lot easier for me if
the cgi-bin scripts were in a subdirectory (say /scripts/) rather than
right in the root of the CVS tree.  My quick perusal of the cvs manpage
seems to indicate that this isn't possible just using the cvs command,
although I suppose we could just add them to the new location and remove
from the old location.  That would mean losing any cvs history info
though.

Steve.