[Koha-devel] OpenBook

Chris Cormack chris at katipo.co.nz
Wed Jul 18 01:00:08 CEST 2001

On Tue, Jul 17, 2001 at 02:28:53PM -0700, Tonnesen Steve said:

> On Tue, 17 Jul 2001, Chris Cormack wrote:
>
> > Could well be a plan, Id need to look at their code more.
> > When it all boils down to it, its all just SQL *grin*
>
> As near as I can tell, all of their released code is PHP.  I think
> OpenBook really is a complete rewrite without any Koha code at this point.
> The database schema is also radically different.
>
> So it's not a fork, just a duplication of effort.  :(
>
> Steve.

Hi Steve

Yeah after looking at the code, (near 20k lines of php). Id have to
agree, it is a complete rewrite. Which is a real shame.

Ok, on to more mundane things, i have put up koha-1.1.1.tar.gz on
sourceforge, not on www.koha.org yet and no release notes yet.

But I thought id tar it up and put it up there, just so that i tarred
it up and put it up there. (Ive been meaning to for ages)

So if anyone has time, if they can take a look, spot any big mistakes,
and then if its not too bad, ill do a general release.
Then we can start adding in our new marc code, and changing the
database structure etc.

I spent an afternoon with Monty Widenius (of mysql fame) last week,
talking about how to optimise mysql.
So I have a ton of ideas on how to speed up koha. So im keen to work
on that.

Hence i figured lets get 1.1.1 out so we can break stuff :-)

Chris
--
Chris Cormack                                                    Programmer
025 500 789                                       Katipo Communications Ltd