[Koha-devel] The OpenBook people

Chris Cormack chris at katipo.co.nz
Tue Jun 12 00:00:04 CEST 2001

On Mon, Jun 11, 2001 at 12:39:42PM -0400, Nicholas Stephen Rosasco said:
> Would the rest of you find it useful if I tried to get the OpenBook people
> (the Koha West team that added a bunch of features) to open their
> unreleased code to us... or add them into our repository as a forked
> project?  I'd like to think that combining the two featuresets is probably
> our best bet long term, since it would get you Katipo/NZ guys and the
> Waitt Foundation group on the same page.

Hi Nicholas,

Ive talked to Griogair the main programmer for the koha-west/openbook effort.
And they are most happy for us to have the code, but they seem to be wanting
to wait until it is finished.

I think a forked project in the repository would be a great way to do it.
Ideally it would be great to merge the two back into one, but then again,
there is no real reason we cant have a php and a perl version.

What I really want to look at is how they stored marc records, and whether
thats how we want to do it.

Chris

025 500 789                                        Katipo Communications Ltd
chris at katipo.co.nz                                          www.katipo.co.nz