[Koha-devel] RE: [Koha] A basic question

Nicholas Rosasco nsr at etome.net
Mon Apr 15 14:11:52 CEST 2002

 " It's a BIG problem in open-source : every modification can be done. but
some modifications causes my version to be no more upgrabale with the
"standard" one, so any evolutions in the "standard" version must be checked
and corrected to fit my own modifications. That's why I think we must have
only 1 version, even if it causes some dis-agreements (not sure of this word
in  english ?)
In the long time, it REALLY BETTER. "

I concur with Paul -- and I note that a good number of the items earlier
(barcode sizes, etc) can actually be handled through modularization,
tc.  -- allowing us to maintain the "one version" of koha, while allowing
the flexibility people seem to want.
This is one of the things the emails I intend to get out to you all
individually will address, at least in part.

Nick
pulling his notes & thoughts together.